What are you looking for in a baby monitor in Charlottesville?
In the olden days, a baby monitor was quite basic. You install a a device with a built-in microphone on a table next to your child’s bed, transmitting sound to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. However, baby monitors now provide additional benefits. To illustrate, today’s monitors now have HD video and two-direction communications. You can even link many monitors to Wi-Fi so you are able to wander all over the house. The latest baby monitors in Charlottesville are so elaborate that they mimic interior surveillance systems in both features and cost.
Should you swap out a baby monitor with an indoor security camera?
Since baby monitors and surveillance systems have many of the same features, there are many people in Charlottesville integrating their child’s bedroom to their overall home defense. So it makes sense -- specifically if you have to innovative Vivint systems -- as your baby monitor now has:
● HD video with low-light capability: Your surveillance system should have at least 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared functionality for reliable low-light performance.
● 2-way communications: Sometimes, you don't need to go inside the bedroom to soothe your child back to sleep. A comforting word may be all you need to keep bundle of joy sleeping.
● Motion activation: While you can have your surveillance system continuously keep a close eye on your child, your attentiveness might start to lag. Conversely, if your security camera identifies anything unusual, you can configure it to deliver a text alert to your mobile device. You will appreciate this when your adventurous newborn soundlessly scales over the crib or if a pet sneaks into the nursery.
● Recording capabilities: Most baby monitors don’t record the video. Now you have the ability to send a brief sample to friends or family members to allow them a glimpse of what a beautiful sleeping baby you have.
● Mobile phone monitor: In lieu of having to lug a separate device around, you may now supervise your little one from your home security app. You might even check in on your young one and babysitter if you’re able to get a night out.