If you’re the same as many property owners, you need your home to be secure at all times. but, will a home security system work in Charlottesville?
The quick answer: yes. But you need to choose the right devices to benefit the most from your system. Not only do the alarms and sensors bring wonderful security, the modern equipment give a level of efficiency and control you may not have thought possible. By adding home automation, security cameras, and easy-to-use tools through a mobile app, you will make your life [[easier|simpler] and more secure while also saving money on energy bills.
Let's pause a moment to learn why a home security system is a good recommendation for your property.
Necessary Security Components
To make sure your Charlottesville home security system works to the best of its ability, you have to get these indispensable security features:
- Entryway sensors: You may find this weird, but many intruders enter your house through the front door. The other most frequent entry points are backyard doors and ground-levelfirst-floor windows. For these practices, window and door sensors are designated the foundation of your security system. When the security system is live and your sensors are disturbed, the unmistakable, high-decibel alarm siren will ring and your 24-hour monitoring agents will be contacted.
- Touchscreen command center: Gone are the unresponsive number pads, as easy-to-use touchpads now arm and disarm your entire system. These touch screens can also manage your smart home components, security cameras, and monitoring services.
- smartphone app: The best home security allow you direct every segment of your house through your security app. Now if an alarm or sensor triggers, you will get a pop-up alert to your mobile device. Also, arm and disarm your motion alarms remotely, schedule your smart locks, lower the thermostat and more.
- Home security decals and yard signs: While there is no technology in a small, blue yard sign or a window cling, these will alert a potential burglar that your home is secure.
Can A Security System Really Protect Your Home In Charlottesville?
While it might appear like an overreaction to install alarms and set-up an app on your phone when you already use door locks and reside in a safe town, studies support the notion that home security systems will help secure your home. For example, a study out of Rutger University says that most thieves will actively steer clear of homes with a security system installed. They’ll instead look to break-into a better house that looks unprotected.
That backs up with statistics from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their research states that most burglarized properties don’t use a home security system. In fact, they are 300% more likely to be vandalized than houses that have an alarm system. And while displaying that your house have an alarm helps discourage break-ins, other things -- like smart locks and doorbell cameras -- can also make your home unappealing to intruders.
Of course, state-of-the-art security systems can do more than buzz an siren. Now you can add in some other services that make a security system safe and secure.
round-the-clock Monitoring Is A Priemer Backup Plan
Does a alarm system work in Charlottesville when they don’t use 24-hour monitoring? Using a constant vigilance is always the best ideas and 24-hour monitoring from ADT agents can make certain the police or fire come faster after a tripped device.
Monitoring experts can protect you day or night -- whether you are home or not. If you’re don’t hear an alarm, your agent will get a hold of you and the authorities after a tripped component. Even if you’re in the house, you won't have to worry about contacting the authorities and make sure family members and furry companions are all wrangled up.
Use Similar Monitored Services For Flood, Fire, and Medical Emergencies
When you install your home security, you have the option to get much more than security alarms. devices like fire alarms, CO detectors, and flood alarms can be connected to your main set-up. If an disaster is detected, your components will respond just like your door and window alarms. Specifically, the loud signal sounds, your 24-hour monitoring agents are notified, and a notification will be sent to your smartphone.
You can even get a panic button, which can be effortlessly connected to you or a family member via a neck pendant, bracelet, or shirt clip. If someone you live with is a fall incident or a serious medical condition, they can use a two-finger button to contact emergency services.
Get Security, Convenience And Energy Efficiency With Home Automation
Modern home automation devices can bring you a level of control and accessibility you’ve never seen before. They will make your house more energy-efficient and intelligent. And when you pair home automation to your home security, they will also make your home much safer. For example:
- Schedule your smart bulbs to make it feel that your house is inhabited when you’re on vacation.
- Have your indoor smart lighting come on whenever your outdoor camera senses sudden motion.
- Use your phone’s location services to secure your locks, turn off your living room lights, and decrease the temperature when you leave for your day.
- Create customized scenes that can set your lighting levels, smart thermostat, sensors, and other equipment with a single hit of a button.
- Or simply check on all your alarms and cameras and control your alarms and cameras through your phone.
Add that to the energy you’ll conserve with home automation, and you’ll quickly realize how much you need a state-of-the-art home security in Charlottesville. You will also be able to direct your devices with vocal commands when you connect your home security to your Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
Keep An Eye On Your House With Modern Security Cameras
Signs, decals, and outside lights are wonderful home invasion obstructions, but security cameras can take your defense to another level. The furthest thing a thief wants is to be taped on a video feed as the footage may be leveraged against them in a criminal case. You can install indoor, outdoor, and doorbell cameras, and all will give you live feeds round-the-clock.
Do you want to investigate the commotion you heard in the back yard? Would you want to greet the kids when they get home from school? Has the groceries been delivered yet? All you need to do is to get the live feed from your mobile app. You might also allow texts on your smartphone whenever a guest approaches or the camera sees sudden motion. You can then speak with guests with the two-way talk feature on your cameras.
How To Custom-Build Your Home Security In Charlottesville?
Are you looking for help to create a home security that works in Charlottesville? Our security professionals will custom-build the perfect alarms, home automation, and video surveillance that can be incorporated into one comprehensive plan. Contact us right now at (434) 214-6134 or fill out the form below.