Modern smart security installations are getting more capable every year. Even so, you may still fail to complete simple security duties like activating your home security, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to worry about these things again? With geofencing in Charlottesville, you can simply leave the house and let your security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Charlottesville For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border around your residence, which you may arrange in your smartphone app. The technology then tracks your mobile device to deduce when you go past the boundary and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart implements utilize to interact with each other. The technology aids your security system by centralizing all devices onto one, unified network. You can then set up a unique boundary around your property and designate the specific actions you want to occur as you go past the specified border.
To illustrate, as soon as you exit your driveway, you could set your security system to lock doors, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will inform your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
Here are several of the devices you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics like TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your home security system in Charlottesville. When you download the ADT Control app, you have the ability to make the most of home automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: set your smart components to activate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to turn down to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or disarm your alarms when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular devices come alive in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat activate the exhaust fan if a smoke detector goes off. Or turn on your hallway lighting when your security camera detects abnormal activity outside.
● Customize scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that operate in concert with each other. Make your smart bulbs turn off, the thermostat go down, and the locks bolt at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with the right light and HVAC settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to enable your alarm if you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your mobile device, you'll never forget to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Charlottesville
Whether you desire additional peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (434) 214-6134 or submit the form below to begin customizing your optimal security system.