How to Get the Most From A Security Cameras In Charlottesville
Security cameras can solely be placed as a warning—a display that tells criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, modern security cameras are armed with a plethora of additions all tailor-made to deliver total protection for your residence. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording options or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these tools help you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Charlottesville.
How To Set Up Your Charlottesville Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
The first step to improving your security cameras is installing the components in the best spots around your home. Interior security cameras work best when placed in high traffic spots such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a great move to have a camera pointed at main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas intruders would have to move around to get to the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear sightline of your porch, driveway, and backyard, shed, and other outdoor separated buildings, like sheds. Then get a view of your main entryway through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your interior that are less vital to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Seclusion for you and your guests ought to be a primary consideration before mounting a security device in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you desire some type of security in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Device location is only the foundation for utilizing the all you can out of home security cameras in Charlottesville. The innovations shown below help to optimize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get instant messages on your phone whenever strange motion is sensed. You can also program cameras to start capturing footage when motions are discovered which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your security cameras to film and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- 2-way talk: The majority of current security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually chat with anyone through the device. Via ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or greet your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, provides a more comprehensive look at any space. Check for cameras that provide at least 120° angle lens or that are able to pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your security cameras come with either infrared or LED sensors that can pick up video of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more specific, set up activity zones. For example, you can program your exterior camera to alert you of movement happening on your yard or your patio and ignore traffic passing or the sidewalk.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, enable you to watch live camera feeds, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date texts when the sense something unusual taking place around your house.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Charlottesville is more simple. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security system can go from merely a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (434) 214-6134 or fill out the form below to start personalizing your home security and camera system today.